64 SHELBY COBRA REPLICA
Less than 150 miles...Superb Condition...New Build..!!
**Click photo to expand**
1964 SHELBY COBRA REPLICA
**I know most of the Cobra Replicas have Halibrand Wheels. If you would prefer them in place of the wheels that are on this car, you can purchase a set of Replica Halibrands at Factory Five for only $1099..!! Remember, you would still have this set of brand new wheels to use on something else or you could easily sell them...
- Originally built in 1979
- Current Owner purchased it in 2015 - the car had never been assembled up to that point in time and many parts were not with the car.
- 351 Windsor - bored.40 over ( balanced and ported)
- GT40 Heads with Stainless Steel Valves and Double Springs
- 750 CFM Quick Fuel Carb
- Electronic Ignition
- Offenhauser 360 Aluminum Intake
- World Class 5 Speed
- New Short Input Shaft
- New Front Bearing and Housing
- New Bell Housing
- New Clutch and Flywheel
- New Tilton Hydraulic Throw-out Bearing
- New Custom Driveshaft
- Rear Drive Mechanism
- Series One Jaguar IRS
- 3:54 Gear Ratio
- New Inboard Disc Brakes
- New Suspension Bearings and Seals
- New Coil Over Adjustable Shocks (4)
- New Wheels Bearings and Seals
- Front Suspension
- MGB Rack and Pinion Steering
- New Bushings and Seals
- New Cross Drilled Rotors with Ceramic Pads and New Calipers
- Vintage Wheels
- Front Tires - BF Goodrich RWL 225/60 - 15
- Rear Tires - BF Goodrich RWL 275/60 - 15
- Paint by Vescio's Customizing
- Color - "Blew by You"
- Lots of Metallic in Paint
- White Stripes and Silver Pin Stripes
- Custom Interior by Premier Upholstery
- Factory Five Leather Seats
- New Carpet
- New Floor Mats
- New Center Arm Rest
- New Door Panels
- Simpson Racing Seat Belts
- Wood Trim Steering Wheel with Tilt Column
- Tilton Racing Pedals and Master Cylinder
- Custom Shifter / Park / Brake Bezel (one of a kind)
- New Gauges
- New Switches
- New Shifter
- New Park Brake
- New Aluminum Radiator
- New Electric Fan
- New Wiring Harness
- New Hoses, Belts, and Fuel Lines
- New Brake Lines
- LED Brake Lights
- New Headlight and Parking Lights
- New Bumpers Front and Rear with Over-riders
- Custom Roll Bar (one of a kind)
- New Windshield
- New Wind Deflectors
Note #1: This project was completed with a very strong attention to detail. There have been no shortcuts taken. The fit and finish is superb and the quality of the paint job is excellent. In addition, all of the custom items in the cockpit of the car are completed very professionally and clearly show the owner is indeed a perfectionist. (Even on close inspection).
Note #2: Surprisingly, it is also a VERY COMFORTABLE riding vehicle, and even the open side pipes have a wonderful rumble, but are not obnoxiously loud going down the road. It is very easy to carry on a conversation at highway speeds. The engine runs superb and the exhaust has the perfect resonance. Not too loud and not too quiet. JUST RIGHT!
**Note #3: It has not been possible to prove this Chassis was a pattern of Ron Butler's Cobra, who was the former crew chief for Carroll Shelby in the 60's and is considered to have built some of the best reproduction Cobras still available, but there have been numerous people mention they thought it was.
When Shelby Cobras whipped Ferrari and captured the 1965 World Manufacturing Championship, that same year Ron
Butler was awarded the Sebring 12-Hour "Best Mechanic's Trophy."
Butler melded his racing skills and knowledge of Shelby's Cobra into creating his very distinctive replica chassis, which boasts a 50/50 weight balance distribution for superior performance and handling.
It was also noted by the body shop that did the paint job on this Shelby, that the fiberglass is far "thicker" than a normal fiberglass body in their experience, which could translate into less chance of developing fiberglass cracks throughout the body over time.
"I've counted the number of companies (worldwide) making the Cobra and there are 87," said Carroll Shelby, "But his (Butler's) Cobra is a good one. Ron doesn't do anything that isn't first class and he is one of the few Old World craftsmen left.” - LATimes - '88
NOTE: SELLER IS VERY MOTIVATED TO SELL THIS COBRA, BECAUSE OF THE FACT HE PURCHASED A NEW PROJECT AND DOESN'T HAVE ROOM FOR BOTH VEHICLES, AND ALSO WANTS THE FUNDS TO USE FOR FINISHING THE NEW VEHICLE..!!
$54,900 (Priced to sell quickly...)
Price now dropped $7400 to...
NEW PRICE: $47,500..!!