89 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE
Original paint...Low Miles...Optional Hardtop..!!
**Click photo to expand**
89 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE
This very nice Corvette has had superb care. It was purchased brand new right here in Sioux Falls, SD at the Chevrolet Dealer. It has stayed in this general area it's whole life. I took the car on trade on a super nice BMW X Series AWD. The gentleman that traded it in, had owned it for about 6 years. The only reason he traded was the fact that he had sold his truck that was a 4x4 and needed a vehicle that could get around in the snow in the wintertime and no longer had extra room to store the Corvette as well. All of the Factory Owner's Manuals come with the car.
He had just recently installed new tires (maybe 500 miles ago). After I took it on trade, I installed the Brand New C-5 Z06 Wheels. (They have less than 25 miles on them.) The paint is original, and in very good condition! The interior is in superb condition as well. All options work as they are suppose to, including the Air Conditioning. It also has the Delco Bose Sound System.
The soft top is original and in very good condition. It also has the optional Hard Top that is included with the sale. I really like the look of the car with the Hard Top installed. I think it really changes the look of the car. (There is also a hanging strap with a winch that comes with the Hard Top so you can hang it your garage or storage unit. This super nice Corvette also has only 53,131 miles..!!
Note: This car has a clean Carfax and has never been in an accident..!!
Here are some interesting facts about this year and more specifically this particular car...
- Out of a Total Production Number of 26,412 Corvettes built in 1989, only 16,663 Convertibles were built...
- And.., of that number, only 1573 had the Hardtop Option..!! (less than 5%)
- Also.., only 4113 had the 6 Speed Manual Transmission...
- 1989 is also the first year the 6 Speed Manual was available and it was German built by ZF (Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen).
- The new transmission senses the position of the throttle and only allowed shifts from first to second if the throttle was high.
- If the throttle was minimal it would block second gear and only allow a shift to fourth. (This was one of the ways that were used to get higher fuel economy.)
I think this is a very unique and special looking car. It drives absolutely superb, and it is easy to tell it has never been abused. It really feels like a much newer car than an "89".
With the (3) different ways of configuration (top up, top down or optional hardtop installed), this Corvette will make a great driver or collector car for anyone..!!
For Price Referencing Purposes...
NADA CURRENT VALUE: $19,855 (Not including low miles...)
HAGERTY VALUATION TOOLS: Between $18,500 (Excellent), and $23,500 (Superb)...
Note: Neither one of the above Pricing Guides include the C-5 ZO6 Brand New Wheels which were $1000..!!
MY PRICE: $18,950 (Priced to sell quickly...!)